Thursday 10 October 2013

Some things will never change.

It seems that the more devices we have to connect to family and friends the less time we actually spend connecting.  What a dilemma – shall I text, email, phone, Face Time, Private Message, post, poke or Skype – just excuse me while I take a small nap to consider the possibilities !!!
Modern Dating Rituals


Sometimes it almost feels that I am cyber stalking my family and friends – checking in to Facebook to see what the latest news and events are – always hoping for up to date of photos of people I love and still being surprised that Facebook has become the best way to keep in touch with everyone around the world.  When my Mum was alive I think she was our proxy Facebook channel.

While I love the convenience of these forms of communication and it does seem to be quick, cheap and inclusive I also yearn for the time when we picked up the phone or wrote a card or letter to a loved one and took more than a moment to include them in our lives.  One thing for sure it will be impossible to have a box of well-thumbed love letters in the future.

Dating for an earlier generation



No comments:

Post a Comment

Staying socially connected while we maintain safe physically distancing.

What changes are the current restrictions having in your life? Is it hard to know what day of the week it is? Do you now spend more time on...