Monday 23 September 2019

Sometimes it's the things we say that have the power to hurt or heal the people that we love and care for and sometimes it's the things we forget to say!  Words left unspoken, chances which we let pass. Isn't it amazing how words can wound our souls so much? 

I've just spent time with a beautiful friend who always takes the time to verbalise her feelings and gives my soul positive affirmations which I value so much. I'm truly blessed to have people like this in my life. 




When my children were growing up, I tried so hard to be a positive force in their lives and to give thought to the words I spoke. I remember the teachings – words hurt if you are going to make a critical comment, make sure it is about behaviour, not the person. You are not bad, stupid or lazy. This type of behaviour is acceptable, its the behaviour, not the person that is at fault. 

I tried, but of course, I often got it wrong, I just hope that I succeeded enough of the time to give them strong powerful and confident souls strong enough to cope with the world today.  I try to forgive myself for the times I failed, and I promise to work harder in the future to be like my dear friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Staying socially connected while we maintain safe physically distancing.

What changes are the current restrictions having in your life? Is it hard to know what day of the week it is? Do you now spend more time on...