Friday 31 January 2014

I just love lists.

Whenever my life becomes busy and messy - I turn to my old friend the "To-Do List".  I know I'm not alone in this little addiction - so much to do, so little time !!! 

First, hurry down to the local stationery store and enjoy browsing through the aisles of notebooks and diaries.  I mustn't forget that there's also the App Store calling - electronic To-Do Apps for my phone or my tablet - so many choices, firstly I'll have to make a list of what I need.  Nothing calms a situation as much as a crisp clean empty page - everything suddenly becomes manageable, break the tasks down into small steps and then you have the joy of ticking tasks off as you go along.



At the moment my life is busier than normal; we are in the process of selling our business and I'm dealing with the myriad of tasks that that involves.  Everything from organising contracts with lawyers to organising storage for all our business records and there are so many tasks in between.  I also have to be careful that these tasks all take place in the background as the business goes on trading and clearing stock and all the other day to day tasks that have taken up my attention for the last 13 years.  

Now my attention keeps drifting to what to do after the business changes hand and believe me it has already taken up several new notebooks - Places to Go, People to See, Things to Experience, Books to Read............... maybe my next business venture should be around stationery - I'll have to prepare a list of pros and cons.  hahaha




No comments:

Post a Comment

Staying socially connected while we maintain safe physically distancing.

What changes are the current restrictions having in your life? Is it hard to know what day of the week it is? Do you now spend more time on...