Friday 14 February 2014

Valentine's Day

I can still remember getting a Valentine's card when I was about 10 years old and still in primary school.  If you knew me well and knew about the illness I had in my late teens that knocked out huge parts of my memory, you'd realise that if I can still remember it, it must have been hugely important in my life....haha.

Each year the sale of flowers, greeting cards, chocolates and jewellery soars as lovers give tangible symbols of their affection to their significant others. Apparently, in more recent years there has been fewer cards and more text messages!  And although I think that seems really sad, I have a confession to admit too, my husband and I texted our mutual Valentine's Day wishes to each other this morning. Thank goodness for emoticons and stickers. :)

My Valentine's Day wish to everyone - I hope that you have someone in your life that makes it special and that you get to spend time with that person today.  Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Staying socially connected while we maintain safe physically distancing.

What changes are the current restrictions having in your life? Is it hard to know what day of the week it is? Do you now spend more time on...